Includes 1 pilot pin
High-speed steel annular cutter. The annular cutter is used to create through holes in a range of materials, with best performance in hard-to-machine materials as well as mild steel and stainless steel. An annular cutter removes only the circumference of a through-hole (extending through the workpiece), releasing the central material as a slug when the hole has been cut. The center-free design of the tool results in energy efficiency and reduced cycle time: the operator can produce holes three to five times faster than with a conventional twist drill that must convert the entire hole into chips. In addition, this tool’s multiple cutting edges can create an accurate, burr-free hole that minimizes the need for secondary operations such as pre-drilling and reaming.
- Center-free design creates through holes by cutting only the periphery of the hole for greater productivity in comparison to twist drills
- Multiple cutting edges create a high-quality hole that minimizes the need for secondary operations such as pre-drilling and reaming
- High-speed steel is compatible with a variety of materials
- 3/4" annular cutter shank can be used in a drill press, mill, or lathe
- 3/4 in. Weldon shank allows cutter to be used with other competitive magnetic drills